Advisory Council:Comprises of former Presidents of Executive Committee. The Advisory Council helps the General Body and the Executive Committee in formulating policies of the organization, revisiting its vision and mission as and when needed and giving direction to the organization.
- General Body is the apex body, consisting of all members of COVA, which elects the Executive Committee, ratifies decisions taken by the Executive Committee and approves Annual Reports, Action Plans, Budgets and Audited Statements of Accounts.
- Executive Committee meets at least once in three months to ratify decisions taken by the Executive Director, to review activities and to take important decisions regarding the management of the organisation.
Executive Committee 2015 – 17
|1||Ms. Rama Jyothi||President|
|2||Ms. Naheed Banu||Vice President|
|3||Mr. Mohammed Turab||Executive Secretary & Ex-Officio Member|
|4||Bro. Varghese Theckaneth||Joint Secretary|
|5||Mr. Rama Rao||Treasurer|
|6||Dr. Syed Mazher Hussain||Executive Director CEO & Ex Officio Member|
|7||Ms. K.Supriya||Honorary Executive Member|
|8||Mr. Omim Debara Maneckshaw||Honarary Executive Member|
|9||Prof. Sheela Prasad||Honorary Executive Member|
|10||Dr.Aparna Adhikari||Affiliate Executive Member|
|11||Ms. C.Bhanuja||Affiliate Executive Member|
|12||Ms. Renu Keswani||Affiliate Executive Member|
|13||Ms. Jhansi Geddam||Associate Executive Member|
|14||Mr. Abdul Rahman||Associate Executive Member|
|15||Mr. S.A.Samad||Associate Executive Member|
Core Management Team, consisting of the coordinators of all units of COVA and heads of its affiliates, meets every Monday at 10.00 a.m. to review important activities of the previous week and share action plans for the week to follow.
Administrative Committees of COVA
Personnel Management Committee:
- To select candidates for appointments.
- To conduct performance appraisal of the staff
- . To award annual increments to the staff
- To hold exit interviews of the staff leaving COVA
This Committee will meet as and when required. Award of increments to the Staff members will be considered in the month of March. This Committee comprises of the following office bearers/Members of the Executive committee:
|4||Coordinator of the Respective Dept||Member|
- Finance Management Committee:
- To approve tenders and quotations.
- To monitor systems updates of accounts department from time to time.
- To review and approve monthly financial statements.
The Committee meetings will be convened bi-monthly. This Committee comprises of the following office bearers/Members of the Executive committee:
- Gender & Staff Grievances Committee
- To entertain applications from the aggrieved staff members.
- To hold hearing for the staff members who have grievances against the management or the other staff members and send report of the findings to the management.
- To propose gender sensitization programmes for the staff to contain all sorts of harassments at the work place.
This committee will meet twice a year with alternate EC Meetings. This Committee comprises of the following office bearers/Members of the Executive committee and experts on the subject:
|2||Hon. Member EC Prof. Sheela Prasad||Member|
|3||Hon. Member Ms. Sunitha Reddy||Member|
|4||Member, EC Ms.Aparna Adhikari||Member|
|5||Ms. Grishma Advocate||Member|
|6||Staff Ms. Lalitha||Member|
|7||Executive Secretary Mr. Mohammed Turab||Convener|
- Event Management Committee
- Planning of the proposed Event.
- Selection of Venue, guests to the Event.
- Detailing of the budget and its allocation
- Police permission wherever required
- Information to related govt. departments.
- Media Plans, Volunteers management, Hospitality and logistics planning
The Convener shall prepare a year calendar and convene meeting in the month of March. The committee will also meet one month before every major event. This Committee comprises of the following office bearers/Members of the Executive committee:
|2||Member, Advisory Council||Member|
|6||Office Secretary-cum-Admin Officer,||Member|
|7||Sr. State Coordinator||Member|
The Executive Secretary in consultation with the other members of the Committee may invite any person as a Special Invitee for any of the Committees listed above.